02 June 2015

By Oak, Ash and Thorn Is Here!


Hello dear ones! What a ride this magazine experience has been...two steps forward, four steps back; late nights, research...research and more research...approximately 40 cups of coffee, laughter, tears, frustration and joy...through it all...I am overjoyed that there is finally something tangible for the efforts.

I thought I had the process down, turns out I was so wrong! Producing, writing the content and being the creative energy behind designing an entire magazine is a lot of work! In my earlier post, I mentioned the magazine was going to be a digital version...well...that was proving to be more challenging then I could have ever imagined not to mention more costly then I ever thought possible! I researched and researched and in the end, my love for actual print won.

I am the first to admit, I have a love affair with books, TANGIBLE books, ones I can hold, and no I dont mean a kindle! If I could bottle the smell of old books and wear it as a perfume, I would! In saying that-this whole digital book and e-magazine thing just takes the joy of being an author and sucks it straight out of my faery soul! LOL. In hindsight, maybe I bit off a bit more then I could chew...okay a lot more! But as I hold the first issue of the magazine in my hands, smell the ink and see the color in full glossy splendor, I remember why I am doing it in the first place...and that my friends, makes it all worth it.

The above image is of the front cover and due to how long this took me to get out, I had to change things a bit! The first premier issue is now for Summer Solstice, the next quarter issue will be for Fall/Samhain! I am really excited and hope you all will love it as much as I do. Honoring the Fae and keeping their presence here upon this Earth is my purpose. My hope is they will bless your life as much as they have mine. Subscriptions go on sale this week..I promise!

Many Faery Blessings,
Joanna

1 comment:

  1. we need more people like Joanna who bring awareness to the Faerie Realm. Her magazines and her book are something to cherish. Full of recipes, crafts, ideas, and a wealth of information regarding all of the Fae. thank you for all the love you put into them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Hedge and leaving your lovely comment...