26 July 2012

Getting Back to My "Faery" Roots...





The magickal path is a sacred journey for each of us, it is learning, crafting, it is creating what I like to call-your Mythcraft-that which makes up who you are and who you choose to be. It is ever changing, shifting, at times becoming tangible only to become transparent once again. This past year for me has been that constant change…I have moved four times in one year…too much for any one person, and I found myself longing to grow roots, to plant my spirit deep within the Earth and simply rest…retreat. To travel inwards following the light within and embrace the dark. To remember who I am and what I am here for…
After some time, I have re-emerged from my slumber restored by Nature and her life-force, my own primordial creativity flowing throughout. Pathworking can be beautiful and terrifying all at the same time, yet if allowed, it can teach you all you need to know and provide you a fresh perspective like a breath of first Spring. There is so much to update all of you on but I truly don’t know where to begin…I know I have been away for some time but sometimes that is necessary to re-focus upon that which is most important to us. A death must occur so there can be a rebirth. In that rebirth I remembered…I awakened once again to that intrinsic knowledge within me of what makes my heart sing…and not what others expect of me or whom they expect me to be. I embraced all parts of me in that space, melding them back together to once again become one with my own Spirit. I needed to get back to my “Faery” roots, back to delving deeply into my studies within Celtic Folk Magic, to create once again from that deep font of magic within me. It was time to return home…



In between that hibernation, I have been writing the curriculum for my new online school called The Sidhe Grove. I am happy to officially announce that it manifested last weekend with amazing students already traversing the journey with me. I am so grateful. I have also been in the studio bringing into fruition some ideas that have been brewing in the back of my mind for quite some time. Because we are now back in my hometown of San Diego, I have a brand new studio space and it is actually more perfect then I could have dreamed. For years I have been fortunate enough to have my own creative space and although they were always small, they were cozy and I made them my own. Now, I have this huge room,(well it is huge to me) and I have my own walk in closet too! Everything now has it’s own special place and I am able to display all of my treasured objects, gifts, and supplies. It has taken me about a month to get there but it is coming along nicely! By next week I should be able to share with you some pictures of my space and my new Herbal Cabinet which I have been shamelessly swooning over ever since I purchased it about a week ago. =) That is the one downside to having more space…you need to fill it!



I wanted to share with you some images of the wares I have been working on…I hope you all enjoy them. A few have just sold in my EtsyStore but I have many projects in the works that are either drying, curing or brewing, which I will share soon. In that returning to my “Faery” roots, that entails the creation of my Sidhe Talismans. For the past 11 or so years I have been creating sacred sigils, Runes, amulets, charms and talismans for the purpose of working with the Sidhe as well as for sacred Faery Magick. It has become one of my specialties and something I create only for those who are in need of their magick. Lately I have been so highly encouraged by my clients, friends and students to offer them more openly and after my own meditation within, I feel it is time to bring their energy forward to all who seek them. You can now find my Charms, Talismans and Amulets within my Etsy store for various purposes or dedications to specific Celtic Gods and Goddesses to invoke their healing, warding or protection. This one is dedicated to Cernunnos; Lord of the Forest.




In closing this post, I would like to send out a sincere and heart felt thank you to all of you who did not give up on me and believe I was gone for good. Please know that it was not that I did not think of many of you often, I just had to take this time for me. I love visiting and posting on your blogs and reading all about your journeys, your creations and your stories. I know it may sound sappy to some but there are many of you that I have had the privilege of getting to know and that I truly and genuinely care for and I know that if we lived in the same town, we would be fast friends, (that is if I could ever stay in one place long enough!). I also send a welcome and my gratitude to the new followers. And finally I just send out positive energy to all of you as that is what I want to cultivate-this is what I strive to practice each day and what I hope comes through in all that I offer and share with the world. I am a seeker in this realm and a guide to those who allow me. Peace to all of you this evening, I look forward to being back here with you, to be of service to all whom I may be able to help in even some small way, whether that be with healing, custom herbals or talismans or simply being a friend along the path, as this is what I am here for…as it is, as it always shall be.

In Faery Light,
Joanna

5 comments:

  1. I am a newbie to your blog, but have been back reading plenty.
    The pic of the card at the top is just breathtaking. I am a minimalist who tries to own little abd doesn't use cards. . . but that is very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Joanna. Your time away appears to have been nourishing for you.
    I look forward to more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obrigada por me visitar. eu amei o seu blog.

    amei este texto e as gravuras.

    parabens

    http://3fasesdalua.blogspot.com/

    selma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am nominating you for Very Inspiring Blogger Award. If you accept please visit http://seawitchcottage.blogspot.com/2012/08/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html for the rules, Thank you so much for your time.

    Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! I found your blog! It's Kate from Etsy :) I love your crystal talismans :) Your work is beautiful.....so is your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Hedge and leaving your lovely comment...