16 November 2011

Place of Mist and the Parted Veil...

 I wanted to share with you some of the pictures from our last trip to Ireland and also add a few of my favorites from other times. This was our twelfth time, it's beauty, spirituality and sacredness will always bring me back...home. Follow me....




 Hill of Tara, County Meath Ireland
 Hill of Tara, County Meath Ireland
 Stone of Destiny, Hill of Tara, County Meath Ireland. Said to be one of the four gifts brought to Ireland by the Tuatha de Danann
 The River Boyne, County Meath Ireland. Sacred to the most important Goddess of Ancient Ireland; Boand (also known as Bó), the Cow Goddess who's sacred centre is Brugh na Boinne, the Bend of the Boyne; as she is also the Divine River, The Boyne. She is the wife of the Dagda and the ancient Creation Myth begins with the ritual mating of these two deities.
 Killarney National Forest
 Brambles...
 View from Newgrange, County Meath Ireland
 The Fairy Hawthorn Tree, Hill of Tara, County Meath Ireland
 Poulnabrone Dolmen, Ballyvaughan Ireland
Thistle...

 Maguire's Shop & Cafe. Has the best Scones and homemade jam in all of Ireland (my opinion anyways!) You can find my book and my prints for sale in Michael's shop. It is a wonderful space! 
Hill of Tara, County Meath Ireland
The full moon over Ireland on my birthday of 11.11.11

 Entrance to Newgrange, County Meath Ireland. My favorite place in all of Ireland (equal to the Hill of Tara for me) is Newgrange. The Boyne Valley is the most sacred of places, central to the whole mythology where it is referred to as the burial place, or abode of all of the greatest goddesses and gods of Ireland; the Tuatha de Dannan or Sidhe.
 Biddy Early's Home; the Great Witch or Fairy Doctress of Ireland  1798-1874. Feakle, County Clare, Ireland
 Offerings to Biddy Early upon her window sill. The hand painted blue bottle was an offering gift from me to her. It is a homage to her magical blue bottle she used to help heal others with herbal cures, divine the future and commune with the Faeries. I filled the bottle with sacred herbs to the Faeries as well as the Celtic Goddess Brighid, crystals and other personal offerings and sealed the cork with wax. I ended up tucking it in the corner so it would not fall off the ledge.

Lough Gur, one of the sacred domains of the Faerie Queen and Goddess Aíne.  Limerick, Ireland

Carrickglass Dolmen, also known as Labby Rock and the final resting place of Nuada of the Silver Arm of the Tuatha de Danann. It is a portal dolmen, and one of the largest of its kind in Ireland. The area is charged with the most amazing energy, powerful yet gentle at the same time. The cap-stone weighs 70 tons! When you stand in the location and the steep hill it resides upon, you wonder how it was placed upon those small stone supports. Sligo, Ireland; near Lough Arrow.

Grange Stone Circle; Limerick, heart of the Province of Munster Ireland.  The Irish name is Lios na Grainsi (Stones of the Sun). One of the finest and largest examples of a stone circle within Ireland, composed of 113 standing stones built in 2200 B.C. after the arrival of the Bronze Age people of Lough Gur. It served as an astronomical calender and was a place of great ritual importance to the surrounding settlements. The circle aligns perfectly to this day with the sunrise of the Summer Solstice. The largest stone is called Crom Dubh representing the god of the harvest or Lughnasa. It is over 13 feet high weighing over 40 tons. It has also been calculated that these stones, and the entrance way, were aligned with the sunset of Samhain.
 


Another view of the Grange...

 Saved a great personal story for last: while traveling to Labby Rock to honor Nuada, we had to pass through the most amazing and dense forest I have ever walked through. I knew instantly this was not an ordinary forest, not a sound, not a bird chirping...just silence. I left my offering at the start of the entrance and asked permission to enter. When I knew I had indeed been granted safe passage, my husband and I walked in awe and adoration. I broke out the camera to take a few shots of all the amazing mushrooms and fairy rings that were everywhere. I wanted to take a picture of how dark and dense the woods were ahead and shot the above picture. All of the sudden, my camera shut down completely and I thought I ran out of batteries. I turned it back on and shot one more and the below was what I was gifted....
The most amazing amount of Fairy Orbs I have ever seen. I have taken many pictures with Fairy Orbs in them, especially before and during my Faery Classes I teach, but this was beyond the amount I had ever received. I was so grateful for the fact that they presented themselves to me this day before my birthday.
I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Have a beautiful day.
Joanna

2 comments:

  1. Wow...what beautiful and magical pictures of Ireland. To celebrate your birthday on 11/11/11 must have been amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome, Glastonbury, England is a very spritual place for me too and I so want to go back, hopefully sometime later this year if possible. I think you would like it there too. I love your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Hedge and leaving your lovely comment...