15 July 2011

The Wylde Fayre Plant Spirits...

Good evening dear friends, tonight is the start of my new project that I hope you will truly enjoy participating in! It is called "The Wylde Fayre Plant Spirits" and each month I will present to you one of my favorite Faery herbs, woods, roots or flora. As part of this project you may also like to create your own Faery Herbal or Herbal Grimoire to record your findings, research, images, drawings; whatever you wish to add to it. Each month I will also share with you one of my favorite Herbal faery Recipes, some of which I create for my new Herbal website coming soon! Some recipes may be tinctures, salves, oils, incense or some other Folk Medicine herbal blend I choose out of my Fayre Herbal Grimoire. The project will take place upon each month's full moon when I will announce the Faery Herb of the month. I do so look forward to sharing this time with all of you under the Silvery Moon and hope you enjoy learning and creating with me each month! Please feel free to share the following Badge I created for this herbal project and place it upon your blog. And do let me know if you are participating too, as I would love to come see your projects each month!


This Months Wylde Fayre Plant Spirit is Yarrow...
Achillea millefolium

This is one of my absolute all time favorite flowers for many reasons. Yarrow is an amazing divination herbal ally and helps one with increasing pyschic power and sensitivity to the spiritual realms. This ancient herb is also an amazing protector as well as used to purify and release negativity and lesser energies from the home or space. It is well known for its healing properties and is used in many cures and potions as it was often referred to as "the herb of seven needs".

Within Faery Magick, Yarrow attracts the Fae to one's home while it also has been called upon for it's highly protective properties against Faeries or Spirits that would mean to cause harm. It is often used in powders such as the ones that I create for warding. The recipe I have provided to you below is a personal favorite of mine.
To Create the Faery Warding Powder gather the above ingredients and combine them with your mortar and pestle. While grinding the herbs to a fine powder state the following aloud three times...

Allies of the Earth & Soil
With Light From the Blessed Sun
Not With Your Essence Toil
Let Our Energies Now Be One

Before you use the warding powder, open up all the windows within your home allowing the fresh summer air within. Smudge your space with either Palo Santo, Sweetgrass or Sage to release any lesser or lower energies. After that is complete simply sprinkle the powder around the thresholds of your windows and doorways creating a complete spiritual ward of protection around your home. This is all suggested, you may adapt this to suit your path and needs as you desire. Store the blend within a vial or jar in an herb cabinet or cool dark place.

So now I will share with you my page of my Grimoire honoring Yarrow and also share with you a few pics of my Herbal as well. I hope you have enjoyed the first Wylde Fayre Plant Spirit project...



In Faery Light,
Joanna

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! This sounds like so much fun! I have my magical herbal info in a crummy old binder. You just inspired me to re-write one herb each month into a pretty journal, staring with yarrow! I will definitely be following along each month. I also posted your badge in the side bar of my blog.

    I loved the info on yarrow! By the way, where can your book be found?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...I just did a blog post about your "Wylde Fayre Plant Spirits" project. I wanted my bloggy friends to know about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I found you through Kim:)
    I've never grown yarrow before because I've never seen the plant in our area! I look forward to your future posts!
    Blessings,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog, and wanted to say how lovely it is!! :) Look forward to reading more and more of your entries in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much sweet Kim! I am so glad you are participating with me!
    In Faery Light,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Laurie and thank you so much for joining me! Have a beautiful day!
    In Faery Light,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Dear Faery Folklorist! I just checked out your beautiful blog and cannot wait to read your amazing posts! So glad that you found me!
    In Faery Light,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanna, I just found your blog through Kim's and I've fallen in love with it already... So beautiful.
    Hugs Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful idea and enchanting post. Thank you so much for sharing such treasure!

    I also wanted to thank you so much for visit. It is a pleasure to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a magical herbal project you've come up with for us here! I very much look forward to reading more about yarrow and the other flora and fauna you share with us! You have inspired me (as always) to do some more work on my own herbal recipe book! Your herbal drawings are lovely Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful project! I would love to participate. Your blog is beautiful! And Your magical Grimoir book is magnificent! Such a lovely idea. I cant wait to see more, and hopefully participate myself. Thanks so much for your creative inspiration! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful idea!your badge in the sidebar of my blog.
    Your blog is very interesting and magical.
    I very much looking forward your next entry.
    In the month of August took part.
    The project will take place upon each month's full moon when I will announce the Faery Herb of the month?
    Greeting from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thankyou for sharing, I was blessed with finding some wild yarrow yesterday, some of which I harvested and planted in my own herb garden, yarrow is such a delightful plant and so pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Hedge and leaving your lovely comment...