20 July 2011

The Greenman Hymn...


The Forest Floor Guards Your Ancient Secret
Your Sacred chant of the Ancient Earth
Hear my call unto you this fair Summer day
My Greenman Lord of Life, Death & Rebirth

Filled with wisdom, myth and lore
You slumber only to awaken Spring
With the mask you wear forever more
The untamed heart you bring

Cast your green magick O Lord of the Forest
Weave your spell upon the land
Heal thy sacred Earth & those upon it
So that we may feel your power again

The trees bow to your presence out of honor & respect
The flowers and fauna await your embrace
All of Nature--All Reborn
With just the smile upon your face

Lord of the Woodlands, Lord of the Forest
Grant me the shining light of the Fey
My Greenman Lord of Life, Death & Rebirth
I honor you this fair Summer day

Written by Joanna Rowan Mullane; 2007

Enjoy this beautiful day and go play outside...

In Faery Light,
Joanna

7 comments:

  1. Joanna...these are lovely words. I can't write a line of poetry to save my life. But i've always had a special fondness for the Greenman. I like your picture too and the shades of purple that you chose to include. It's always a pleasure stopping by your enchanted realm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful hymn. I love the Greenman, He is like an old friend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Joanna beautifully written! It's such a pleasure to find someone like yourself who has the same passions for what we love to do!
    Hugs Rosemary...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful!! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely thanks for sharing! I have a Greenman in my garden. He sits on the wall and watches over my plants :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    Love your Herbal Journal, Joanna.
    I started a Garden Notes Altered Art Journal several years ago to keep track of all the garden and plant articles that I have saved over the years.
    You've inspired me and I'm thinking I'll just have to add a Full Moon Herbal chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Hedge and leaving your lovely comment...