15 July 2011

Around My Hedge Cottage...



Close up of some of the decorations upon the branches. A hand painted skeleton leaf with lichen, acorn cap, beads and a bell. The bells are dual purpose as while pathworking, they serve to bring forth the Faeries presence while also acting as a ward against anything less then light. The next part I will be working on will be to carve in some words/chants using the Ogham Script or alphabet upon the branches.


I thought today would be a lovely day to share with you a few pictures around my Hedge Faery Cottage. I am working on a really special project for this blog that I hope all of you will enjoy participating in and will have the details up this evening...until then, grab a cup of herbal tea and join me for a tour...

The Raven feather was found, or should I say, gifted to me on our last trip to Ireland at the Hill of Tara. I cherish it as I had asked to find one as a birthday present from them and they granted my wish. I hand carved the altar tray out of clay and then painted it with several techniques and layers of paint.



My Faery Meditation area...

 My Nature altar on my beautiful 120 year old salvaged Oak tree stump.
 My Faery and Nature Altar has been a work in progress for quite some time, it changes as I do and items are lovingly switched out depending upon the season or just what I feel is needed at that time. As many of you know, The Hill of Tara is my favorite place upon this Earth and it is where I go spiritually when I am in meditations or pathworking with the Fae. I have really been working to try and recreate the feel of being before the Fairy Hawthorn tree and so far I am pleased with the way it is turning out. It still has some work to be done, more hanging offerings of feathers and more bells and ribbons need to be added to the branches but it is getting there. This altar, like me, is always a work in progress and my intention is that it grows as I grow...with the blessings of Faery.

I hope you enjoyed your peek into my Faery Cottage and I will let you in on the secret this evening...

In Faery Light,
Joanna

8 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna...thank you for stopping by my blog and following. I'm glad you did, because I just LOVE your blog and started following yours.

    Your herb cabinet is fabulous, it's like a little cabinet of curiosities. I love the oldness of it and how you have all the jars organized. The oak stump is a wonderful treasure!

    Thanks for sharing pictures of your space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sweet Kim, it is a pleasure to have you following me, your blog is a delight! I am so glad you enjoyed the tour!
    In Faery Light,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing more about the special project you are planning! ~H♥~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your magickal space. Adore your faery meditation space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow beautiful just isnt good enough to describe your photos! I love your herb cabinets and bottles and faery meditation area. Everything is so beautiful and sacred and serene. Can I live at your faery cottage? :) Thanks for sharing! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blog. congratulations for your closet of magic herbs.
    I'll come back and see you soon with interest.
    Lorella.
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful magickal space! I found you through Mina and loved my visit here. I love your pictures and your lovely blog too :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enchanting! What a special haven you've created for yourself...you can tell that peace reigns there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Hedge and leaving your lovely comment...